Designed by David Simmons
with assistance from
- Mike Fitzgerald (COGS, FK/IK switch)
- David Rogers (heel/toe lift, control placement)
- Mark Skodacek (Auto hip, forearm, Posable installation)
- Steven Cleary (Steve’s Hand Gizmo)
- Mark Strohbehn (FACE)
- David Seymour (Key Groups )
Hash will be adopting a new rig for TWO, and eventually for TaoA:M.
The name of the new rig is “Squetch” for squash and stretch.
If you have questions ideas or comments see Squetchy Discussion on the forum.
- Stretch and squash using expressions.
- Smooth joint movement using COGS, CP weighting, and Smart Skin.
- Automatic FK/IK switch “force keyframe.”
- Heel/toe lift.
- Hand/finger controls.
- Face/mouth controls.
- IK/FK spine w/ optional automated squash and stretch
- Support for Luuk Steitner's "Zign Track" facial motion capture data
- Installation instructions:
Five parts of the Squetch Installation video tutorial are here. The compensate resetting instructions have changed since this was made...the updated instructions are included in the rig ZIP files.
- David Seymour’s tutorials for animating with the Squetch Rig (Videos currently missing.)
Old version Models:
Controls example videos (Sorenson3 encoded Quicktime files):
How things work examples:
Posable installation version:
The Posable installation method requires v13s or higher as well as the Install Rig Plugin (included in the ZIP file for v13 and v14...starting in v15, the plugin is already in A:M). The thread where you can read more about it is located *here*.
The latest Posable installation is:
Old Installation versions:
Each version’s ZIP file contains the four finger installation version and five finger installation version. The Install Rig Plugin is included in each package (for v13 and v14...starting in v15, the plugin is already in A:M).
Quad Installation versions:
Each Quad Rig ZIP also contains Five-toe and Four-toe Foot Gizmo versions.
(for v11.1 and v12 rigs)
non-Squetch Rig standalones: Requires the Install Rig Plugin (included in the ZIP file for v13 and v14...starting in v15, the plugin is already in A:M)...the plugin will look for a bone named "head" to parent FACE to and a "hips" bone to anchor the "calc" bones.
(for v11.1 and v12)