How To Make Distortion Box/Cage
Source describing a character walking through a distortion box.
- Create a new Action for your model
- in the Action create a new Distortion Box
- in the D Box's properties select a "target" bone that is parent to all your model's mesh
- edit the CPs of the D-Box to make the squashing you want
- drop the Action on your model (previously animated to move around in the chor)
- the D Box will normally move with the model, so it must be constrained to a Null in the chor to hold it in one place (a place the model will pass through)
The only hitch I encountered was when i made an action, I thought all I had to do was to go into distortion mode and I would see a 'select target' option in the properties... it took me a minute to try 'New/Distort'
I believe it is also possible to assign the CPs of D Boxes to bones so you don't have to animate them directly in muscle mode.